Sunday, November 17, 2013

Marzano's Teacher Level Factors

As I read about Marzano’s Teacher Level Factors in Chapter Eight, I realized I focused more broadly in terms of pedagogical knowledge which encompasses all three factors Marzano shared: instructional strategies, classroom management and classroom curriculum design.  Obviously students are going to be more successful in a classroom where the teacher has advanced skill level in all areas.  I suggested that some other crucial factors for effective teaching include content knowledge, use of a variety of assessment & feedback as well as creating an environment of safety and trust.  These factors easily fit inside Marazano’s ideas of quality teaching.  I should have made a stronger point on including classroom management which is critical to success.  Building a strong classroom community and having clear set guidelines is crucial for students to obtain that trust and safety so they are free to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment