Saturday, February 1, 2014

Persistence

I think being pregnant is definitely adding to my rollercoaster of emotions. Lately, I think I’ve been stressed with notion that I can’t do everything I want to do.  I’m tied down with kids and a demanding job and masters program so I can’t prepare my house and prep my baby room like I really want too!  I feel like I already possess a pretty persistent attitude/demeanor and I’m always trying to do more than I can or should.  This is what gets me into trouble because I start feeling bad for myself and have feelings of jealousy and inadequacy.


The ideas suggested by the “persistence” link have challenged me to think in new ways.  I know being goal focuses is more effective so I made a list of everything that I’d LIKE to accomplish before baby arrives.  I know some things are going to have to wait (mostly because I can’t paint anything right now!)  I also was inspired by the idea of “check your plan, change your plan, and use your plan.”  This was especially helpful with our two snow days.  I don’t like getting behind and I always feel the need to “teach it all.”  I’m more focuses on what is a necessity...what goes with by backward design goal and then the other stuff can wait or go away.  I feel like my students are learning and I’m providing them with the best learning environment that I can.  It’s okay for me to slow down, make changes and also forge ahead.


As far as what I’ve learned about thinking, is that I’m always thinking about my thinking.  I’ve always been a very reflective and thoughtful thinker, I’m just now so good at the action plan and making changes happen!  My mental state is constantly changing and unfortunately is focused more on the negative aspects of life.  I do realize that I have so much GOOD happening in my life.  It’s challenging getting through it all.  I feel pulled in a selfish direction often times, but I know that life is about living for others.  I just need to keep reminding myself of that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment